Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of senior citizens? Are you in awe of the knowledge & experience seniors have and do you want to help them in their golden years? Does technology excite you and would you want to share this excitement with senior citizens?
Do reach out to us if the answer is yes to the above! Check out the positions that are open, let's talk. We are always happy to find like-minded people to work with.
Prayojana Care Buddy
The Care Buddy is the first point of contact for all members. He/She is in constant touch with assigned members and assists them in all requirements.
If you would like to know more about our Care Buddy's role, please read or download the job description below, before filling out the application form to apply for this job.
- +VIEW JOB DESCRIPTION
What being a Care Buddy means at Prayojana?
The Care Buddy will be the first point of contact and the face of the Prayojana. More importantly, they will participate in supporting their assigned members with the same level of empathy and warmth that the member's own children would have
The Care Buddy’s primary role will be to:
- Check on the members assigned to her/him on their day to day well being
- Help out with errands – like bank-related work, basic groceries or vegetable procurement
- Schedule appointments for doctor visits & accompany them for such
- Schedule periodic lab visits as required
- Help members handle any technology-related issues, like setting up Whatsapp, fixing internet issues, using social media (Facebook, Instagram), etc.
- Visit the member at least once in a week or as frequently as required, to check their needs & help them accordingly
- Educate them on the process of emergency management, how to call, what to do etc.
- In case of an emergency
- report to the hospital & co-ordinate or facilitate the treatment
- keep all stakeholders informed on the status
- Update medical records in Prayojana Health App from time to time
- Monitor medicine inventory & help in ordering refills
- Be a friend to the member, accompany them for walks once in a week
- Accompany them to social events, concerts as per requests
- Organize tickets for events like music concerts, movie, drama if needed
- Arrange & co-ordinate transportation needs for the members for them to go to such events/family functions
A Care Buddy will be assigned a maximum of 10 members to assist at most simultaneously
Who can be a Care Buddy?
- Should be a person with a high level of integrity & trustworthiness
- Should be independent & willing to be available to take emergency calls 24x7
- Should demonstrate a high level of empathy & patience, willing to listen, be polite, softspoken, punctual & stick to commitments
- Be willing to go the extra mile to keep seniors happy, comfortable and without worry about how to manage their day-to-day life
- Should have experience using web and mobile-based applications with basic computer and internet knowledge
- Should have a personal two-wheeler (bike/scooter)
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work would be a big plus
Download Job Description
- +APPLY NOW